Thursday 31 December 2009

Happy New Year !


Like most other bloggers on the last day of the year looking back over the last year and the last decade I'm not sure whether I can say it's been good or bad.  In some aspects it could have been much worse in other aspects it could have been a lot better.

Some of my personal  high/lowlights of the last decade have included:
  • Finding a career I relatively enjoy and being in the same job for the past 7 years
  • The birth of my perfect daughter
  • The ups and downs of marital life
  • Finding love and losing love (more than once!)
  • Understanding myself more with regard to who I am and what I want
  • Being diagnosed, treated and cured of cancer
  • Growing 10 years older
  • Not necessarily feeling 10 years older
Sure there are a lot of things I would have liked to achieve on a personal level.  Like most other people I would like to have more money, more family stability, more security - but just because the decade is coming to an end it doesn't mean I can't and won't achieve these things in the next decade (I'm screwed if I don't!!).  I'm not that old that I still can't achieve these things perhaps it will take a little longer than anticipated but still very much achievable.

I feel my life has taken a relatively good direction in general.  There is a lot of room for improvement and change and I definitely think that this is all possible.  It's all a matter of attitude and determination.

As you can see I'm a huge optimist.  I know things take time to accomplish and I'm determined to do it - one way or another.  I have no doubt that the next year will be a better year (at least I hope it will be).


Thank you again to everyone who has chosen to follow my blog and read what I write.  This is the last post of my first month of blogging.  I hope many more readers will join in, follow and comment on what I have to say.

Wishing you all a HAPPY NEW YEAR - may we all prosper, be successful and most importantly - be happy.

3 comments:

  1. love your blog!
    happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much. Good to hear feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really interested in following your life. I am an unmarried closet case and look forward to hearing all about your experiences.

    ReplyDelete