Tuesday 2 March 2010

The Crazies .... Continued





Well everything with the crazies has been pretty quiet.  An extra factor to the story which I hadn't mentioned was that I used to teach their son.  It was just private tutoring once a week - but enjoyed the money I got from it.  I take my responsibilities very seriously and think I was actually a pretty good teacher. 

Well, Mr Crazy called yesterday evening to ask if I could teach tomorrow.  I haven't taught him since this entire episode blew up.  As you can imagine, the situation is still very uncomfortable for everyone.  I agreed to teach to but really didn't want to.  My wife didn't want me to do it either.  But it was really bugging me!  This morning I thought, fuck it.  I phoned Mr Crazy and cancelled the teaching.  I told him it was just too uncomfortable and I didn't feel right coming to their house and being there.  I think he was pretty shocked - definitely not expecting it. 

He tried again apologising for his wife's behaviour (never a word about his own behaviour) basically saying that his wife was "mad" and is "seeking help".  But that didn't work so then he tried to say that his son would suffer as a result of my "resignation".  Bollocks to that!  I felt a bit bad for the sake of his son, but just don't want to be near them.  I think because of his controlling nature he would just manage to take control of everything and get everything back to normal.  He doesn't seem to realise that just isn't going to happen!

I felt a bit stupid yesterday when he called me, as though I was being steam-rollered into doing something I didn't want to do.  He often saw me as the "quiet one".  I should have been more assertive with him on the spot and just said no.  It took me until this morning to build up the assertiveness/courage to do what needed to be done.  It's a great feeling taking control and doing what makes you feel good.  I shall make a note and try and do it more often.

In other news, wife's interview yesterday was also very encouraging.  She now needs to pass a graphologist and if that's OK it looks like the job is hers!  I'm trying not to build up too many expectations before she gets an official offer - but things are beginning to look up!  I will keep you posted.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment