Wednesday 10 March 2010

Optimistic Pessimism (or Pessimistic Optimism)

I'm normally quite an optimist, but in every optimistic thought there is almost always a pessimistic side to things.  At the moment things are pretty good.  My wife is working and seems to be enjoying herself, she's working with nice people, doing something I'm sure she'll be very good and using her brain for other things other than irritating nonsense.  So obviously I'm very happy.

I went to the hospital to get the results of my recent check-ups and everything is good - the results were fine.  I had taken the whole day off work, so enjoyed the little bit of time I had to myself. 

Although not ideal, the way things are working with getting everyone to work in the morning and getting them home again in the evening and nursery runs and play-mates in between seems to be working OK.

So all-in-all things are pretty good and obviously very optimistic that things will continue this way.  But my "problem" is for how long will things continue like this?  All good things must come to an end at some point.  I like to be prepared, should I prepare myself for the inevitable fall or should I just ride the wave and when the fall comes deal with it then? 

I guess I'm pretty crazy for even thinking about such things.  I'm trying as much as possible to enjoy the good times and not think about what may happen in the future and if and when it does happen, to just deal with it then.  Perhaps I'm not as optimistic as I like to think I am.

The weather is getting hotter and hotter, which is something I love.  I know it happens to a lot of guys but the warmer the weather gets it seems the hornier I get too.  Flirty office guy is looking particularly sexy at the moment and I would love to put my hands under his shirt to show him how warm my hands are.  I've found myself looking a few times at the Picassa pics of his honeymoon that he sent me - where he's wearing nothing more than a swimming shorts!!! 

Wishing you all a wonderful day and hope you are all as happy as I'm feeling at the moment.

3 comments:

  1. I am glad to hear that things are going well for you, savor it without fear for what may happen.

    Wishing you all the best, been awhile.

    www.gayoncemeanthappy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just to confirm your suspicion: you are nuts.

    Yes, bad things will happen in the future. Death is one of them! But why denigrate all that is good today by worrying about things you cannot know and/or cannot prevent?

    Often it is easier said than done to focus on what is good in life and forget the bad. For some people it is their nature to worry. But even if you are one of those people you have to be as disciplined as possible. Force yourself to focus on the positives whenever a fear or worry pops into your head. Like so many things, it's a skill that can be practised and improved upon.

    Also: would you want to look back in 20, 30, or 40 years and think "those were good times, I wish I had appreciated them far more when I was living them?" Hell no!

    Keep smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No good putting the cart before the horse so to speak!!if we all knew what was around the corner in life we would all be a nervous wreck or knocking each other over to be there first..lol take each day as it cums!!yea I know you'd like to cum all over flirtyofficeguy in his swim shorts ! are they speedos..

    ReplyDelete