Wednesday 10 February 2010

Success or Fail?

Tomorrow will be exactly three weeks since my ...and I'm Feeling Good post.  For those of you who don't have the time or paitence to read it, in brief, it'll be three weeks since I first went to see the dietitian about losing weight.  Her advice was pretty sensible and although it took me a while to get into the swing of changing my eating habits - both in terms of what I eat and how much I eat - I think I'm doing pretty good.  Tomorrow I will be weighed to find out if it's helping.  She had said that she would have liked me to lose around 1.5 - 2 kilos.  I'm hoping that it will be more. 

So I'm doing OK with the food but not doing nearly enough exercise.  I guess it's a mixture of laziness, tiredness and winter.  But I have been out for some power walks - but definitely need to be doing it around 3 - 4 times a week - which I'm not doing.

I'm really hoping I have reached, if not, exceeded the dietitian's expectations.  It will give me a boost that I desperately need at the moment.  Summer is looming and we spend a lot of time at the swimming pool or beach and although I know I won't be perfect, I would definitely like to feel a little better about myself.

Things are slowly thawing at home.  It's going to be a long process - we have never gone so long with being mad at each other, but being the eternal optimist that I am - things can only get better (they certainly can't be any worse).

Earlier today at work Flirty office guy came into my office (the people I share a room with are away) and he asks if I want to come with him to take a pee?  Not too sure how to react, I said sure but only if I can hold yours!  Then he went off by himself.  What the hell am I supposed to make of a question like that?  Just a joke?  Something more?

Compared to a couple of weeks ago, my levels or horniness are pretty low at the moment - I think it's because of the mood I've been in - but I've no doubt it will pick up soon.  Especially if there are good results tomorrow I'll want to celebrate.  I just hope the diet and the relatively hard work I'm doing is a success and not a failure.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Losing weight is not easy.I know all about that as the older you get,it just seems that little bit harder to be motivated. But mate Good luck with your visit to the dietician.
    Nothing like seeing sexy good looking men to motivate us for the rest of the week..Cheers

    ReplyDelete