Friday 19 February 2010

Patience and Perseverance

I just want to start by thanking everyone who has replied to my posts or has recently begun following my blog.  I never thought when I started writing this blog I would get so into doing it.  I had often thought about writing but never thought I actually would.



I remember a friend of mine recommending it and thought what the hell and immediately opened up a profile to begin blogging.  I assumed I'd make a post once every now and again to remember something fun.  But it's turned into a lot more than that.  Discovering other blogs similar to mine, men in similar situations, sharing thoughts with others, knowing other people all round the world are reading my posts (and me reading theirs) - it's all been fun and I'm enjoying it.  I don't want it to become a chore and if that happens I guess I'll stop - but in the meantime...

It's been a strange week.  On the whole it's been a good week.  The feedback my wife has received from her meeting has been very positive.  We are hoping for an official answer some time next week.  Obviously, I'm hoping for a positive outcome simply because of the difference it will make to our lives.  With regard to my request for promotion - so far nothing has happened.  The position hasn't been officially advertised yet and it's apparently going to be a few months before it will be, but I'm not too confident that the job will be mine.  I just need to sit tight and wait and see.  I'm still looking for a new job - outside my company - but since I already have a job I can afford to be picky until something worthwhile comes alone.  Like with everything else in life, it's just a matter of patience and perseverance and hopefully the outcome is always positive.

Was working yesterday with Flirty office guy again.  There was a lot of arm touching and I'm sure he tried several times to find the right opportunity to put his head on my shoulder.  At the same time as his regular overtly gay sexual innuendos he also makes a point of saying how much he is attracted to Cheryl Cole but surely it's just diversion tactics.  Who knows?  I also think she's attractive (until she opens her mouth!).  I just find myself getting more and more confused with him.  Again, patience and perseverance.

3 comments:

  1. So happy for you guys that things are going from strength to strenth. Having kids must mean that every extra cent comes in handy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flirty Office Guy is SO gay! hahaha! NO (fully) straight man would do that. Although I am American and my culture may be a bit different, I know enough about English culture to say its not MORE open about straight man to straight man contact as a regular and normal occurance, especially at work! I can't wait until the story where you and him end up at a pub after work or during a work party and the beer gets the best of him (or so he will say) and he ends up all over your cock. Thats going to be a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mate, glad that everything is looking positive for the both of you!now you just have to keep that positive outlook in finding that new job.. but if you leave whats going to happen to officeflirtyguy?will he breakdown? will he want to give you a farewell gift of here's my dick!let's bloody hope so!..lol
    Cheers wally

    ReplyDelete