Tuesday 14 September 2010

Back into the Routine

I know it's been way too long since I last posted anything.  The last few weeks everything has just been pretty crazy.  At last the school holidays are over and I'm getting back into the routine of the running around again.  I mentioned in the last post that I kinda missed the running around - but once I've got back to doing it a couple of times - I remembered how fucking difficult and tiring it really is.

After being off work for almost the whole of August I'm getting back into the routine again of the late nights at work.

I guess I'm definitely a creature of routine.  I like knowing what I'm doing, when I'm supposed to be doing it and when I'll be doing it again.  As a result of not being in a routine, for the whole of August my diet went up shit creek and was definitely without a paddle.  I was at the dietitian last week and I'd put on just over ½ kilo which was a bit disappointing, especially since over the last few months I'd really been making an effort, but on the brighter side it was much less than I thought I'd put on.

Being penniless is still a nightmare too.  August and being at home with my daughter made me realise that it's almost impossible to leave your house without it costing you money.  Even if it's just to buy a McDonald's lunch or a drink or wherever, it's gonna cost you money.  But at least we're through it now and it particularly pisses me off when we need to buy things that are "essential".  For example, our television finally died today, it had been slowly dying and this morning it seemed to take it's last breath.  It was a good TV and served us well and I guess now we're gonna enter the LCD era.  Fuck knows how we're gonna pay for that.  In addition, the running around is finally getting on top of me and we need to buy a second car too.

I would be interested to hear if my way of thinking is correct but I have reached the conclusion that although we are both working we don't seem to have any money spare for such luxuries we just need to go for it.  We have been putting off and off the fact that we need to buy things and my conclusion is "fuck it!!"  We don't have the money now and in another year we still won't have the money, so I say - just get into more debt, but at least have something to show for the debt!  Do you agree with me?

Only time will tell what happens!

Just wanted to get you all up-to-date on what's been happening.  I promise to get more regular again with my blogging.

Hope you all had a great summer.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you need a bigger salary, rather than a bigger debt. Have you talked to your boss about a pay rise?

    ReplyDelete